Introducing the family that grew up at Pine Knoll…
This portrait shows Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Nichols (seated, center) and the seven children who survived to adulthood.
Left to right: Andrew, Jr., John, Margaret (leaning by father), Mary (standing), Joshua, William, and Nellie.
Father: Andrew Nichols, born September 17, 1837, in Danvers, Massachusetts
Mother: Elizabeth “Lizzie” Perkins Stanley, born August 6, 1836, in Salem. Married Andrew on September 5, 1861.
Children born at Pine Knoll:
- Andrew Nichols, Junior, born June 10, 1862
- Elizabeth Hunt Nichols, born May 2, 1864 [died at age 8]
- John Holyoke Nichols, born April 9, 1866
- Joshua Ward Nichols, born February 26, 1868
- Mary Eliot Nichols, born November 30, 1869
- William Stanley Nichols, born May 4, 1872
- Nellie Chapman Nichols, born August 6, 1874
- Margaret Appleton Nichols, born August 29, 1878
To view a genealogical chart of this family, with data about marriages and death dates, click here for Chart N 4.